If you have an old mattress you’re ready to get out of the house, you might not know what to do with it! Do you throw it away, give it away, or just forget about it in your basement?
Baltimore Mattress Disposal
We at Spartan Junk Removal are ready to haul away your old mattress so you can free up some space for a new one! Whether you just need a new mattress or your kids have outgrown their old ones, it’s time to remove your junk in an eco-friendly way!
Did you know that in the United States, anywhere from 20 to 40 million mattresses are disposed of annually? Unfortunately, a mattress can take up to 40 cubic feet in a landfill, which means it’s absolutely essential for you to recycle yours!
What Can Be Recycled in a Mattress?
Mattresses are surprisingly very easy to recycle! In a recycling facility, they take apart the layers of the mattress and take the springs. These springs can usually be sold. However, that’s not the only part of a mattress that can be recycled.
- Fabric – can be used to create felt, insulation, and other materials.
- Polyurethane and latex foam – can be used in carpet padding and insulation.
- Plastic – can be melted down and reused.
- Coils – can be melted down for use in metal products.
- Wood frames – can be chipped and used as mulch or burnt for fuel.
Your Maryland Furniture Removal Professionals
If you are ready to have mattress disposal professionals take over for you, be sure to give us a call! We at Spartan Junk Removal are here to help you, so be sure to contact us today.